What We Do
Green Building / LEED
The need to have environmentally sound and energy efficient buildings has never been more important. Many of our clients express their interest in having their project designed, developed and constructed with techniques and materials that are “Green”. This makes good sense for them and the environment as their efforts are often rewarded with long term energy cost savings and employee comfort.
The concept of “Green” construction increases the efficiency of buildings and building sites in their use of energy, water resources and building materials. This in turn has a positive impact on human health and the environment.
Bishop Beaudry Construction has learned that the most effective way to build a “Green” building is to be involved with the owner and design team from the onset of the project. It is through this immersion into the process that the objectives of the project and the accompanying budget can be identified and developed.
Areas that are reviewed and developed during this process include:
- Storm water management
- Low emitting adhesives
- Flooring materials
- Roofing Systems
- Low water usage bathroom fixtures
- HVAC systems
- Solar electric and heating
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Site elements such as lighting and materials
- Use of energy efficient lighting
- Building insulation systems
- Air infiltration abatement
- Use of recycled building products
- Low or no VOC paints and products